Thursday 5 July 2012

Young Writers


I can't believe my composition got into Young Writers St. Nicholas! It is just about my birthday last year:

The Best Birthday Yet!

It was a beautiful Sunday morning of a very special day for me! I woke up with a yawn and quickly dressed up. Since the special event is going to start at eleven o'clock, I had to do my things quick. Eat breakfast, hang up decorations, prepare goodie bags… I started off packing the goodie bags. There were eight coming and one of them was my favourite cousin. Three of them were just to accompany my older brother, Iain. Actually I kind of invited nine. I forgot to count my younger sister's friend, Nicole. Tick, tock, tick, tock… five more minutes before my friends appear! I had to prepare my magic tools. Ding dong! Ding dong! My friends are here!
      I begun to feel embarrassed as many of the tricks I did was wrong. The first one was a coin going through a bottle cap. Well, I managed to fool some of my friends. They were like, 'Wow! Teach me!" Ha, ha! I did not manage to fool my two best friends, Felicia and Ling Ling, as they saw the double-sided tape! The second one was easy to dolt them all as I practised doing the cup magic trick when I was about six years old.
       Everyone was so excited to head towards Bouncy Kids, a big playground. Sin Ying, one of my friends, forgot to bring her socks, which is the main thing you need to go into Bouncy Kids. Fortunately, I had many socks in my sock drawer, so I lent her one of them. We had arrived at Bouncy Kids! "There's a ball pit, you know," I told them. "Really? Let's go there first." Felicia suggested. That's what we did.  We raced towards the ball pit with great speed. "Last one there is a coconut head!" I yelled back. Of course, Ling Ling, my best friend was the 'coconut head'. She is not really into sports, that was the reason why she runs slowly. "Let's have a 'snowball' fight!" Zi Tian, one of my friends, squawked. Aim at me! I am your target!" Felicia yelled. "Huh? You mean four versus one?" I queried. "Yes. That is what I meant," Felicia replied. In the end, balls came to and fro. Two hours later, everyone was heaving heavily. "Let's go have lunch now, and leave the boys here to play," I announced to the girls.
       'Can we eat at McDonald's instead of Pizza Hut, please?" Felicia pleaded when we were walking towards the mall. "Why?" I was curious. Maybe she doesn't like pizza, I wondered. "Well, I don't eat pizza," Felicia finally answered. "You can have spaghetti,' Ling Ling suggested. Four against one, we ended up eating at Pizza Hut. "Nevermind, I will have the kids' meal," Felicia uttered. After we girls had ate, the boys came. I was playing with Nicole when I put my arm above on a high chair, she bit me! Anyway, she was just three. "Ouch!" I screamed in agony. I sighed a sign of relief when she let go of me. We girls were walking towards the toilet to wash our hands and the boys kept on bugging us. "Tell her! Tell her!" The boys demanded Davier, one of the boys. Trying to ignore them, we covered our ears. I thought they were trying to get Davier to tell me that he loves me, which he does. It would be very annoying if we walk back with the boys, so we decided to ask my parents if we could walk home ourselves. "Peace at last. That is why I hate those boys! How irritating!" I concluded.
       "Swimming time! I brought my snorkel!" Zi Tian was so excited she could hardly sit still. "I forgot to bring my swimsuit," Sin Ying mumbled. "Firstly, you forgot to bring your socks. Now you forgot to bring your swimsuit. How forgetful…" I muttered to myself. "I will lend you mine since I have another one," Ling Ling recommended as she was my neighbour. "Can we go first?" Zi Tian was urging to go as it was her first time here. Felicia, Zi Tian and I went to the deepest pool to play with Zi Tian's snorkel, while Ling Ling and Sin Ying went to change. I tried to breathe into the snorkel but it did not work. Felicia and I were panting heaving to get our breath back after we tried to breathe into the snorkel. As for Zi Tian, she managed to stay underwater for one minute and a half second! After Ling Ling and Sin Ying changed, we dashed towards the wading pool with a waterslide
       It was a tiring day and finally it was cake cutting time! My cake was shaped as a snowman. "Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to Yu Xuan, happy birthday to you!" My friends sang. Linus, one of my brother's friend, came to me and gave me a bracelet. My neighbour's mother, which is not his mother because he was from London, took photo of Linus and I. it was kind of embarrassing, so I blushed. "Bye bye!" I roared to my friends as they walked back home.
       To top off this special day for me, at twelve midnight, when I were still awake, there were fireworks! The residences of my condominium screamed! Have you guessed when is my birthday? 31st December!

2 comments:

  1. ��Congrats Yu Xuan!��
    You are a few more steps ahead from achieving Samsung Galaxy Note! ����

    ReplyDelete
  2. ������� Thanks!�������

    ReplyDelete